EQ “Band Soloing”

eq3-solo

When using Digidesign’s EQ-3 you can “solo” any band by simply holding control+shift while holding either the breakpoint, or changing the Q, Gain, or Frequency of said band. This is particularly helpful for singling out problem frequencies in noisy audio. This is a great feature of the EQ that I find myself using practically every day.

6 Responses to “EQ “Band Soloing””

1. seth says:

also useful in this same realm is command+shift+click on a break point to toggle the gain from positive to negative. that way after sweeping for a pesky frequency you can just command+shift+click the break point to notch it out. but evan’s short cut can negate the need for this if you pull the gain down while soloing the frequency.

2. Matt Verzola says:

Great tip! I had no idea you could do this.

3. Steve Urban says:

I had read this on a page that I have yet to find again on the DUC when EQ3 first came out but had forgotten the key combo, been searching ever since! Thanks!

4. Martin says:

Didn't know this existed. And to think, I was jealous of Brainworx's "Hybrid" EQ because it has this option by default. Apples and Oranges I know but sometimes you just need to throw an EQ on to see what will work.

Martin

5. Willco says:

just come across this, fecking brilliant… thanks Evan, and Seth!!

6. AliceKEMP says:

When you're in not good state and have no cash to move out from that point, you will need to take the <a href="http://bestfinance-blog.com/topics/mortgage-loans">mortgage loans</a>. Just because that should aid you for sure. I get auto loan every time I need and feel myself fine because of this.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. From the archives… | Pro Tools Tips, Tricks, and Shortcuts || Pro Tools Dudes - [...] - EQ fast! [...]
  2. verzola - [...] does not know Mr. Cantal. ... Name (required) E-mail (will not be published) (required) Website ...EQ Band Soloing |…